Friday, August 3, 2007

070727 - Charlottetown p2

The owner of Brennan’s Pub said that I should try to play again on Friday night. So, I spent the day at the beech in the blistering heat, sheltered within my open van, writing tunes, napping, girl watching, swimming.

That night, I asked the band Sleep To Dream if I could open for them. They were from Halifax and had the tightest purest rock tone that I’ve ever heard. It was like Soundgarden meets ZZ Top on Stan Rogers boat. Exceptional.

During my brief sound check, a waitress knocked my camera off the bar, breaking it. I put on a good set, but all the while I was thinking “OMG, my camera’s eft.”

Into the morning, Sleep to Dream and Jimi Maze hung out, relatively sober until the sun rose. I wish I had some pics!

http://www.myspace.com/sleeptodreamonline

No comments: